My Journey to lose weight with the help of my friend " BAND"

Tuesday 21 February 2012

3 More days! and SWLC

Hello my fellow bloggers,

3 more days and I will be banded, can't believe how fast the time passed by. I am excited for first being banded and second for the fact that I am going to Vancouver. Love the city, to me it is the most beautiful city in Canada. If you haven't got a chance to visit it, please make sure you put it on your "places to visit THIS year" list. The water, weather, friendly and relaxed people, shopping.. so many things...

We arrive early Thursday, have my appointment with ANES at 2 pm. So we probably will drive around   (we are renting a car), go to the appointment, check in at the hotel and go back to going to different places. 
I just talked to my Coordinator and she told me( although she said she is supposed to advise me not to), that I can have a sensible meal on Thursday since I have been so good up to now. almost 13 pounds weight loss in the last 12 days!
 I know many of you are telling me not to do it and with all honestly, I might change my mind by then, but I really am dying for some grilled meat, nothing huge, just a bit of grilled meat. I am sure my stomach won't tolerate a big burger or something huge since I haven't had much to eat in the last few days. I still welcome everyone's comments. That is why I write, would like to hear from all of you, how was your experience? did you eat anything the day before?

Is there anyone from SWLC  here? I would like to hear people's experience  with them or if possible my surgeon. Dr. Philip Mitchell.

Btw, my ketosis strips are still light purple or dark pink, still a good sign.


I am thinking I might not be able to write until after surgery, so wish me luck all! 


20 comments:

  1. Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, I will update as soon as I can :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck!!! A very exciting journey coming your way!! Very excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am very excited, already threw a pair of pants today !!!

      Delete
  3. Good luck, you'll do just fine :). I had a burger and fries the night before, I didn't have rules as I was a self-pay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a self pay to but had to do two weeks of protein shakes!!!

      Delete
  4. I didn't have a last meal. I followed my diet (7 days, 3 shakes a day and that was IT) up until surgery day. In that one week, I lost 22 pounds. Yeah, I also felt like I was a walking corpse, but it helped a lot for the surgery. :) Will be thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy,
      I had two weeks of the same diet! only lost 13 pounds, i still think it is great but your 22 is WOW! I wish I could have lost this much :)

      Delete
  5. Good luck and welcome onto the bandwagon! I'm sure it will go well. I didn't eat anything off diet the day before because I had made a real effort not to to think about the pre-op diet (and the post for that matter) as if I was depriving myself or that I was missing out. If I had to have a "last" meal it was saying that somehow having the band meant the future was all about missing out - and I wanted it to be all about positive choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, I am still not sure, I can't even imagine having a big meal, just can't as my stomach does not take it. I was thinking of a few slices of grilled chicken as I have only drank on shake a day( Can't bare the taste), I feel my body really needs some protein for the recovery..I know it is different when you have a band, your lifestyle has to change and I am ready for that, wish me luck, I am so exciteddddddddddd, keep commenting as I love reading and replying to them :)

      Delete
  6. Good luck...how exciting I can't wait to hear how it all went. I wish you a speedy recovery and remember to sip sip sip all day slowly don't let yourself get dehydrated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I did get a sipping cup and I will take that with me, gosh I am so excited as if I am going to a hawaiian vacation. I will write as soon as I can! Thanks for everyone's support

      Delete
  7. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!! I received the green light for a sensible meal as well. I had a petite filet and grilled veggies and it was wonderful. I didn't gain an ounce for surgery so there was no harm no foul. I too lost 13 pounds in my pre-op!! I am 20 days post op and have lost around 25 pounds but am not hitting bandster hell!!! The fun is beginning for you!! Wishing you the best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Lisa, I couldn't check the blog before going to bed! flying early morning tomorrow, best of luck to you too

      Delete
  8. Today is your big day! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana, I am feeling a bit better today, The first few days were horrible!

      Delete
  9. Hey, just wondering how you're getting on. The first couple of days are the worst! Stay strong :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi

      I am still in pain, Sat and Sunday were the worst, I am feeling better now. still at home. will post soon, thanks for checking in with me, meant a lot

      Delete