My Journey to lose weight with the help of my friend " BAND"

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Tuna!

Before anything, a big thank you to the wonderful Lap Band Gal for introducing my blog to all of you. It feels so great to have all of your support.


So , the 6  day of the pre-op is over! still no cheating except a table spoon of light tuna in water for valentine's dinner :)

I am ok with the diet but I only get one shake a day. I don't like cold drinks, I love my extra hot americano misto!

I am flying to Vancouver next Thursday( a week from tomorrow) and my surgery is on Friday. We fly back on Sunday. I have already got my Gas X, chewable multi vitamin and the soooo tasty caramel calcium chews! they are so good, too bad I can't take any during my pre-op.
I am so blessed to have the support of my husband now, I made my decision to get the band done thinking I will not have his support and I had prepared myself for it, but now I realize how great it is to see how he cares about my well being. My parents and my bosses are also very supportive, I have asked my mom to prepare my soups and purees and soft food when I get back from the surgery.

I am so excited to be thin, shopping at a regular store, being able to go to a swimming pool without feeling so self concious. I can do activities with my husband, super excited!!!

Please keep writing comments, I love them, I was so excited to see them today. I replied to each comment in my comments, is that how it is done or would you like me to reply in your blogs? You can tell I am so excited about this blog and being in touch with all of you,
One more question, how do these ketosis strip work? mine is not negative but it is not dark purple either, it is pink one, is that ok?


18 comments:

  1. Where are you flying from? I live just outside Vancouver! You don't have to tell me if it's private, completely understand! Glad to see you have your husbands support now, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started following!! So excited about your new banded life! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Support makes it all work!
    Im in Edmonton. Where are you from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi: I am in Calgary, I just noticed I hadn't said anything about the city I live in!! No it is not private, mind you I decided not to tell friends and family( except,mom, dad, brother and of course husband, my bosses and my best friend), so no one knows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I live in Chilliwack BC! Not to many people know about mine either that's why we lean on each other here! My thoughts are with you, try and relax, this was the best thing I ever did for myself and I hope you have the same thoughts for you when it's all done!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Sandi, I am glad you feel this way about getting your band, 7 more days!!! for me and I will be banded, yeyyyyy

      Delete
  5. Hi Rachel,

    Thanks for following me! I am super excited to see all of you guys's comments!For some reason I can't join your network from work! will do that from my laptop at home, I see you have done great so far! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny,

    I am from Calgary, where did you get yours done?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, just saw your blog. I was banded on Jan 28. I too thought I would not get the support of my boyfriend for the surgery - and I won't lie, he was skeptical and a pain in my butt at first. But (I had to travel for my surgery too) he came with me and took care of me, he was so caring and supportive... I dont know how I would have done it without him.

    The first week out sucked, the second week was fine. I don't feel anything now ( two and a half weeks out), and since starting mushies I don't really miss anything. The liquid diet was hard :)

    Anyway, best of luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Humble beginnings,
    thanks for following my journey,wow you are a bit ahead of me then, I think the liquid diet will be hard but I am kinda excited for it as I am so tired of the shakes,

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for you! You are right...a great support system makes all of the difference in the world. I found the liquid diet the hardest of everything. I just wanted to chew anything! :) My husband has been good about making us Whey Protein shakes with a banana and skim milk each morning. They taste pretty good when mixed in a blender with ice. You have lots going on with work and school. Weight loss will just be one more step on your journey to success. Blogging is great to connect with others, journal your success and it helps to keep you accountable!!!
    I'm looking forward to following you!
    Janice -(banded 5/10
    http://bandedandblogging.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nothing could cheer me up like your comment did when I got up today with the worse Migraine and a blah feeling, thanks for reading my blog, heading to read your blog :)

      Delete
  10. Hi. New Follower. LBG sent me over!
    Do your comments go to an email address? I usually respond to the email right back to the person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robyn,

      Thanks for checking my blog, well, the notifications go to my email, I just learned that I can reply to each comment rather than writing a new comment as a response. This way, I think the commenter receives a notification too! still on the learning curve. going to read your blog now :)

      Delete
  11. Hi! Thanks for your comment on my blog. :) Yes I achieved my goal weight in 8 months and have been maintaining pretty close to it ever since.

    Best of luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be so proud of yourself. I am hoping to reach my goal in maximum one year.

      Delete
  12. Hi, I managed to fix my blog (I think) and you should be able to follow me now. :)

    ReplyDelete