My Journey to lose weight with the help of my friend " BAND"

Sunday 19 February 2012

Pre-Op and restaurant!!

Never thought I could go to a restaurant during this time, but I did as we were going out with a friend. So I looked at the menu( Earl's) and their Salads were all something I could not eat, caesar Salad, Asian Salad and then I found a mixed green salad. The only problem was it came with feta cheese, glazed pecans, beans and sliced apples!! I asked the waitress to bring me the salad without any of the above, she kindly offered to replace those with celery and cucumbers.  I also asked for the dressing to be on the side and instead got some lime wedges! It was nothing like my hubby's bacon mushroom cheddar burger with yam fries or my friend's steak and mashed potato with a caesar salad but it did fill me a bit!!! So another successful night for me! Day 9 down, 5 to go!
I was really worried last week as my ketosis strips started to be negative, I emailed my coordinator and she told me not to worry as long as I am losing weight. As soon as I read her email, my strips are not negative anymore, actually they are either light purple or dark pink which is good.
I have lost more than 11 pounds so far, I know the weight loss will not be like this after the surgery as I will be eating carbs and other stuff. But I still think I did pretty good. It is so funny how I am not craving carbs anymore( well maybe a bit) but mainly crave chicken breasts or something,

Wish me luck as I still have another 5 days,


14 comments:

  1. You are doing great!!! Your 5 days will be up before you know it!!! Isn't it funny how our bodies start to crave protein!!! My cravings were steak and spinach and I was never a big steak or spinach fan!!!;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouragement, I know, i am always a chips and dip kind of girl and now I am craving healthy protein, dying for some Tuna tartar, steak, chicken breast.. I am so excited for my strained soups( I have asked my mom to make variety of them, not just one type or two) and chicken stock!!!
      It seems by the time I get banded you will be in your 8th week or so. best of luck to you and your journey, will follow you for sure( Already read the Jan Archive)!

      Delete
  2. Great job in pre op stage! You are making great choices and changes now which will help you post op!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah,

      Thanks for your kind comment.That's all keeps me going, I was thinking If I can't do this, then how am I going to be on liquid diet for a week, not have chips and candies and....

      I am kinda getting tired of this pre-op though. Very glad it is coming to end. The thought of more shakes makes me sick to my stomach.
      I saw your transformation, wonderful, you should be so proud of yourself.

      Delete
  3. wow you went out to eat! Great job! that would have been hard for me. I am 4 days out of surgery and not hungry at all. I was worried that first week of liquids after the pre-op would make me go bonkers but I am just trying to get some protein in me to sustain life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to hear that, I am hoping too that the liquid diet will go smoothly :) will keep u posted as I am taking my laptop to Vancouver!

      Delete
  4. Good luck! You are doing very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yahoo! Doing awesome! So so so close!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! You're a better person than I...
    I have instructed my family that I will not even eat with them and maybe they should just eat in the car or elsewhere and not let me see, smell or hear chewing of real food while I am on the pre op.

    The kids have made a giant box fort to hide in when Im going through food withdrawl and have daddy on speed dial in case I try to eat one of them.

    I think it would be a giant Godzilla scene if I was let loose in a restaurant with a menu. I shudder to think of the carnage....LOL

    I'll keep you posted I start pre op on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, that was the funniest comment ever! I actually asked my husband to eat in front of me as he has been asking me to let him eat downstairs, I need to learn how to deal with it, I asked my parents to come over for tea, of course I didn't have cake and chocolate but had a great time having tea with them, It is not easy but it does pass, so don't worry, you'll do great.

      Delete
  7. Amazing job going out and handling it! The burger pre-op would have killed me. I think that is outstanding! I went out once as well because my SIL was visiting. I ended up getting ahi tuna appetizer and club soda with lime while they were drinking and I didn't feel deprived. I lost 13 pounds in my preop phase and my surgeon was estatic. Good luck! 5 more days will FLY by!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, that burger is still on my mind, I am sure I have had that many times, but last night I was thinking how would that taste as if I have never had food in my life!!!
      I am down 11 pounds and my coordinator thinks it's awesome, 5 more days and I will be banded, yeyyyy

      Delete