My Journey to lose weight with the help of my friend " BAND"

Saturday 11 February 2012

First post

Well,  I have been thinking about starting a blog and documenting my weight loss journey.
I am a 35 year old female who has tried to lose weight for most of her life!! I tried weight watchers, Jenny Craig, 17 days diet, you name it.. I would lose 6-10 pounds and that would be about it! I had always heard about Weight Loss Surgeries but never thought I would go for them. However, this year I made my decision and against my husband's will, I contacted them and booked my surgery for  February 24th. I have less than 3 weeks to prepare myself for this. In the city I live in, these types of surgery are not performed and I have to fly to either Vancouver or Toronto to have it done. The cost is 16000 dollars !
I am currently 241 pounds and 165 cm . I need to lose at least 100 pounds but my goal is to lose 116 pounds.The thing to remember is that the lapband surgery is not magic wand, I need to work hard for this.. This   friday, I have to start my Pre-Op diet which is 3 Protein shakes a  cup of vegetables a day to prepare my body for the surgery. It is going be tough as I love foood!!! I will write more, this was just a bit to get me started

I had the first and second in another blog but decided to move them here and start with blogspot!

2 comments: